Teaching exercise to music, the aerobics instructor is a role for extrovert and fun-loving fit people!! Designed to allow participants to progress their fitness, an aerobics instructor or aerobics teacher co-ordinates a group of people in exercising to upbeat and high tempo music.
The best known classes are the YMCA Exercise to Music (Aerobics). This provides a certification at Level 2, which is essential for entry to REPs at Level 2. Every aerobics instructor teaching at any club will be expected to hold this industry standard certification.
Classes for aerobics teahcers are a mix of theory and practical work. Areas of study for an aerobics instructor would typically include :
- Identify the major bones, muscles and movements of the body
- Explain the cardiovascular and energy systems
- Identify the components and principles of fitness
- Safely administer CPR
- Understand Health and Safety in the studio environment
- Identify good customer relations
- Plan, teach and evaluate a variety of exercise to music sessions
- Demonstrate good personal technique and form when teaching
The main subject areas are:
- Anatomy and physiology
- Components and principles of fitness
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Skills and knowledge needed to design and teach exercise to music - including hi and lo impact, and body conditioning
- Methods of delivery
- Health and Safety
- Customer Care
- An introduction to Essential Skills Modules
This is a 14 day course, plus an assessment day. The assessment will include worksheets which are completed during the course, a multiple choice theory paper, and practical elements - planning, teaching and evaluating.
Sorry, we can't find a match for this specific term. Please try another search below :