Take a look below at the latest Alexander technique jobs & vacancies on thefitmap.co.uk. An Alexander Technique practitioner helps people improve their physical and mental well-being by improving their posture and co-ordination. They focus on teaching clients to eliminate muscular tension or poor posture. This often results in improvements in health, fitness and general well-being.
While there are no set entry requirements to train as an Alexander Technique practitioner, a good general level of education with some GCSEs is advantageous. Knowledge of biology, anatomy, physiology and pathology would be useful, but is not essential. Most courses will require you to have previous knowledge of the Alexander Technique, or even that you have taken a number of classes.
The Society of Teachers of the Alexander Technique (STAT) and the Professional Association of Alexander Teachers (PAAT) are the organizations to contact for details of training programmes. Although there is no statutory certification, it is recommended that any course of study is recognized by one of these two organizations.
An STAT accredited course takes three years full-time. About 20% or the ocurse will be the theoretical study of related literature, plus course in anatomy and physiology. The remaining 80% will be practical work, under the guidance of trained practitioners.
The PAAT also runs its own full-time training scheme, which takes four years. Again, much of the course will involve practical, hands-on experience working with clients. For more information on how to train in this growing field, contact the STAT or PAAT.
Sorry, we can't find a match for this specific term. Please try another search below :