By the time you study reiki 2 you should already know the basics and have practised using the skills on yourself, your family and friends.
Developed by Dr Usui, this is a gentle, hands-on therapy. It is based on the idea of a universal life energy that flows through us. At times this energy flow can become blocked or restricted, causing illness.
The therapy that you learn in a reiki 2 class is designed to release the flow of this energy and allow your body to begin the natural process of healing.
The first stage of training teaches students how to balance their energy system, and promote self-healing and spiritual development. This is just the start however. At the more advanced level you will learn:
- How to follow Dr Usui's teachings in the modern world
- The benefits of daily meditation
- Experiencing a state of oneness and using it in distant healing
- Opening yourself to intuitive working
- How to direct energy using intent
- Drawing Reiki symbols and how to say their names
These skills are just the basis upon which you will build a more advanced, understanding, however. At the more advanced level most of the emphasis is on practice rather than theory.
Thus you will deepen your skills and learn new approaches that will enhance your treatment of others, whether in person or at a distance.