What it does?
The press up is a great exercise for the chest, arms and shoulders. The wider you place your hands the more emphasis it will place on the chest
What you need?
No equipment required
How do you do it?
- Kneel down and place your hands on the floor slightly wider than shoulder width apart
- Extend your legs out straight, balancing on your toes
- Slowly lower your body down, bending the elbows until your chest almost reaches the floor
- Hold briefly at the bottom then push yourself back up to the start position
- Repeat 10 times for one set
- Do 3 sets
- Keep a straight back throughout, don't let your hips drop
- Keep your neck in line with your spine, don't let your head drop
- Increase the difficulty by placing your feet on a bench or swiss ball