What it does?
Vary your chest workout by adding this exercise to your routine. Perform along with a bench press for all round chest development
What you need?
A bench or swiss ball and dumbbells
How do you do it?
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand and then lie flat on a bench or swiss ball
- Extend your arms above you holding the dumbbells side by side with your palms facing each other
- From this position, slowly lower your arms out to the side as if you were flying
- Keep the elbows slightly bent to reduce excessive strain on the elbow joint
- When you feel your chest stretching move the dumbbells back to the start position following the same arc as the way down
- Do 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Start with light weights to avoid overstretching at the bottom of the movement
- Keep your back flat on the bench or swiss ball throughout the movement
- Using a swiss ball will utilise your core muscles more than a bench but should only be done by experienced exercisers