What it does?
This is a total body exercise that incorporates a bicep curl and shoulder press to develop your leg, biceps and shoulder muscles.
What you need?
How do you do it?
- Start by standing upright holding a dumbbell in each hand down by your sides
- Bend your knees to perform a squat, pushing your bum out.
- As you squat, lift the dumbbells towards your shoulders, bending the elbows
- Next, push up with your legs and simultaneously press the dumbbells up towards the ceiling.
- Turn your wrists as you push up so that the back of your hands are facing you
- Gently lower the dumbbells down to the starting position following the same path
- Repeat 10-12 times
- Start with light weights to prevent putting strain on your back
- Perform any lifting overhead with caution
- Maintain good posture throughout.