What it does?
A total body exercise to help you burn calories and develop strength and balance in the legs, biceps and shoulders.
What you need?
A step or bench/box and dumbbells
How do you do it?
- Set a step height of about 6-10 inches and stand facing the bench.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand down by your side with your palms facing your thighs
- Step up onto the bench with your left leg followed by the right leg and curl the dumbbells up towards your shoulders.
- As you step up onto the bench, press the dumbbells directly overhead turning your wrists out so your palms are facing away from you.
- Return to start position reversing the motion.
- Repeat leading with the right leg
- Do 10 times leading with each leg
- Remain balanced throughout
- Use your legs to control the stepping
- Maintain good posture throughout
- Increase the step height to make it more difficult