What it does?
A brilliant exercise for your back and shoulders. Can be done using a barbell, dumbbells or resistance band
What you need?
How do you do it?
- Stand over a barbell with feet about shoulder width apart, knees slightly bent
- Bend over from the hips keeping your back flat
- Hold the barbell slightly wider than shoulder width apart
- Begin to pull the bar towards your lower chest, trying to keep your back parallel with the floor
- Pause briefly at the top and then lower the bar back down, holding it just above the floor
- Repeat movement
- Prevent injuring your back by starting off with a light weight and gradually building up
- Do not perform if you suffer from any type of back injury
- Take 2-3 seconds to raise and lower the bar