What it does?
A postural exercise for the back which stretches and develops both the lower and upper areas.
What you need?
An exercise mat or soft floor
How do you do it?
- Start off by lying on your front on the mat with your arms down by your sides and palms facing the ground
- Begin to lift your chest off the floor, extending your arms out to the sides slightly which will draw your shoulder blades together
- Keep your chin tucked in to maintain neutral spinal position and hold when you feel a stretch in your back
- Hold this position for 30-45 seconds, then relax
- Repeat 3 times
- Avoid over-arching your back
- Do not perform if you are suffering from any form of back injury