If you're fitting out a club on a budget, leasing exercise equipment is an option worth considering. It is a route that has become popular with new gyms, expansions, and even non-profit organizations.
Leasing exercise equipment is now possible not only for new items, but also for good quality remanufactured items. Leasing exercise equipment offers a number of benefits;
- It conserves cash: you can purchase the items you want immediately, while spreading the payments across time. This leaves your working capital free for other uses.
- Some payments of this type can be deducted from your income, thus yielding tax savings.
- Depending on the company you choose, you will find options such as no money down, flexible payments, extended terms, and automatic equipment upgrades included.
- Speed. This type of financing can be approved within as little as 1-3 hours.
There are a number of different finance plans available, including:
- Fair market value (FMV) leases: These offer low monthly payments, and at the end the lease, you can chose whether to return the equipment, renew the lease, or purchase the equipment for the fair market value.
- Lease to own: Under this type of plan you will own the equipment at the end of the lease. Monthly payments will be higher than for the FMV lease.
Before deciding on any options of this nature it is essential to talk first with your accountant or financial adviser to get their advice and understand the tax implications of the various choices.