Home / Exercising / Fitness tests / Body & exercise tests / Agility / 505 Agility
505 agility test
If you want to measure speed and agility, the 505 Agility test is one of the most effective tools available.
|What is the point?
In most sports, agility is typically required when the athlete is moving at speed. Thus a test such as the 505 Agility test is particularly useful as it tests the agility of an athlete who is already moving at speed.
What do you need?
- 6 cones
- Non slip surface
- An assistant
|How do you do the test?
The course should be marked out as follows - the distance from A to B is 10 metres, from B to C is 5 metres.
- Start running from the start line (A) to build up speed
- The timing starts when you pass line B
- Run at full speed on to line C, then turn and run back towards the start line
- The assistant stops the timing when you pass line B once more
- Rest two minutes and repeat - record the best time
What results you'll get :
Testing on a regular basis will help you to assess the development of a player's speed and agility.
What is being measured again?
This is designed to measure the development of a player's speed and agility.