What is reiki meditation? Although it is unknown to many westerners, reiki meditation was an integral part of the teachings of Dr Usui, and his students would practice each time they attended class.
Dr Usui believed that reiki meditation deepened and strengthened your connection to the energy, which helped to promote sensitivity to the ability to channel energy. Dr Usui taught his students that to be able to transfer energy successfully, they needed to practice reiki meditation daily.
There are two main forms of reiki meditation, Hasurei ho and Gassho, with Gassho actually representing the beginning section of Hatsurei ho. As Dr Usui taught, in order for these techniques to be effective they should be practised every day.
It is thus recommended that you begin by learning Gassho, and then when you become familiar and comfortable with Gassho, you can move on to the Hatsurei-ho.
To perform Gassho:
- Sit in a quiet, peaceful place, with your hands in prayer position
- Concentrate on breathing in and out slowly
- Each time you inhale, imagine that Reiki energy is entering your crown and filling your entire body
- Each time you exhale, visualise that you are exhaling Reiki from every pore in your body and off out into infinity
- Repeat this slowly and calmly for 10-15 minutes daily
Research has clearly demonstrated that performing these types of exercises on a daily basis will help you to feel calmer and more relaxed, better able to deal with stress.