What it does?
The one leg squat will challenge even the most advanced exercisers but is a great exercise to help strengthen the muscles of the thigh. Hold dumbbells for increased difficulty
What you need?
No equipment required
How do you do it?
- Start off by standing upright with feet roughly shoulder width apart
- Take one leg off the floor and have it bent at the knee just in front of you
- Extend your arms out in front of you for balance
- Slowly bend the knee of the standing leg and lower yourself down as if you were sitting
- Go down until your thigh is parallel with the floor
- Pause briefly and raise yourself back up to the starting position
- Repeat for desired number of repetitions on each leg
- Make sure you keep your standing foot facing forward and your knee over the toes of the standing foot
- Don't let your knee fall in or out as you squat
- Maintain a neutral spine position throughout the movement
- Keep your heel on the floor