What it does?
A variation of the conventional lunge which will develop strength and flexibility in the legs. Multi directional lunges are a dynamic movement which is useful for many sports.
What you need?
No equipment needed
How do you do it?
- Start off standing upright, legs about shoulder width apart
- Take a large step sideways with one leg, bending the stepping leg and keeping the foot facing forwards
- Transfer your weight over this knee and bend until the thigh is parallel with the ground
- Keep the other leg straight
- Pause briefly at the bottom then push off with the stepping leg to return to the start position
- Repeat movement lunging forwards, backwards and to the other side
- Keep the head, torso and feet facing forward
- The knee of the stepping leg should be in line with the foot
- Perform in a slow and controlled manner