So how do you know gym memberships offer value for money? Well in our opinion - you ask them outright what you are paying for, what they provide to you as a gym member and what their temrs and conditions are.
With gym memberships, you are also looking at the particular gym in question and how it operates:
- What are the club's opening times?
- How much is the membership?
- Is the membership a yearly contract?
- Can membership be cancelled or frozen?
- Can I down / upgrade a membership?
- Are there off-peak prices?
- Are there showers & changing facilities?
- Do you have qualified instructors on hand?
- Do you give fitness inductions?
- Will I be given a exercise programme to follow?
- Will a need a doctor's approval?
- Do you run fitness classes?
- Are classes included in the membership price?
- What specific facilities are available?
- How busy does the gym get? And at what times?
Once you've compared a few facilities, and asked your questions, you'll be ready to make an informed choice.