While you can spend a lot of money on gyms, home exercises can be equally effective in helping you to get in shape.
Home exercises have much to offer - benefits include:
- You can do them at any time
- Good variety
So what are the options for home exercise? There are all sorts of possibilities you can consider, including:
- Workout videos: There are literally hundreds of different workout videos on the market, everything from yoga to Pilates, step to stretching.
- Wii: The new kid on the block, more and more exercise professionals are recommending the Wii as a fun way to stay active. It is also being used in rehab and with seniors.
- Cardio workouts: There's a great variety of cardio workouts you can do as a part of your program. Options include skipping, exercise bike, mini-trampoline, treadmill, stepper, stair running - in fact, if you include all the different version of gym equipment that you can buy for home use, the options are huge.
- Weight training: With just a simple set of dumbbells you can perform a wide range of exercises. If you have the time and inclination, then you can add a variety of weights or machines.
- Other resistance training options: Other resistance training options include bands, and body weight exercises - movements like push-ups, squats and pull-ups are very effective.
- Flexibility: Simply stretching or doing some yoga is a great way to relax and improve your flexibility.