The use of aromatherapy for body care is growing fast as more and more women (and a few brave men) discover just how good it can make you feel to have pure, essential oils massaged into your skin.
The beauty of using aromatherapy for body care is that there are so many essential oils to choose from. Essential oils are extracted from the various parts of plants, fruits, flowers, bark, roots, or resin - with literally hundreds to choose from, the therapist is able to tailor each treatment for that specific client and their needs.
The effects of these essential oils can be physiological and psychological, and the method of delivery - massage - only serves to enhance them.
Broadly speaking, the benefits are:
- enhanced lymphatic drainage
- deeply relaxing
- helps to restore balance in the body
- stimulates the body's natural immune system
- increases the supply of oxygen and nutrients to the tissues
- increases energy levels
- promotes a general state of well-being
- calm and relaxing
- reduces tension and anxiety
- can help to improve your mood and reduce feelings of depression
A consultation with your aromatherapist will allow them to select the appropriate essential oils for the maximum therapeutic benefit.