Home / Exercising / Fitness tests / Explosive tests / Sprint tests / 30m sprint
30 M Sprint Fatigue Power Maintenance Test
To assess how quickly your body is able to generate a great deal of speed, the 30m Sprint Fatigue Power Maintenance test is a good fitness measure to perform.
The test measures your body's ability to generate large quantities of energy very quickly.
|What is the point?
Many sports such as basketball, hockey, rugby and soccer require that the players are able to go from a stopped position to full speed in a very short amount of time. This type of movement requires a great deal of training because not only do you need to be able to run fast, you must be able to generate a lot of power in order to get the body moving that quickly. A fatigue test is will push your body to the limits and see how well you are able to do just that.
The point of the 30m Sprint Fatique Power Maintenance test is to help measure how capable your body is of generating the power to take your body from stillness to motion in a short time.
What do you need?
- A 40 metre section of a track
- A stop watch
- Twelve cones that will mark the course
- An assistant
How do you do the test?
- To set up the course, place two cones at each 10-metre interval from start to finish in a straight line.
- The only one detour you want in the course is between the 10 metre and 20 metre marks. For this, place to additional cones at the 15 metre mark, that are exactly 5 metres in the horizontal distance from the straight line that is formed with your other cones.
- When ready, have an assistant time you and then begin to sprint from the start to the finish (defined as the two cones that mark the thirty metre mark).
- After you reach the finish, take a light jog up to the 40 metre mark and then back down the vertical to the start position once again, all within no longer than a thirty second time frame.
- Repeat this sprint process a total of ten times.
What results you'll get :
Results are found by comparing you current times to previous ones. After you are completed, if you have performed this assessment before, then you would compare your results of this time with pervious times to see if improvements have been made.
What is being measured again?
These test measures your body's ability to generate and sustain bursts of power that take you from stillness to motion.