What it does?
Lunging is a super exercise to help tone and develop your thigh and bum muscles. Strong legs will help support the knee and prevent injuries.
What you need?
No equipment required
How do you do it?
- Start off standing upright, legs about shoulder width apart
- Take a large step forward with one leg, drop your hips, rising up on to the ball of the back foot and bending your front knee
- Lower yourself down so that the front thigh is parallel with the ground and the back knee almost touches the ground
- Pause briefly at the bottom then raise yourself back up to the start position by pushing off your front leg
- Alternate legs
- Repeat 10 times with each leg
- The movement should be slow and controlled
- Keep your head and torso straight and facing forward throughout the movement
- Don't let your front knee travel past your toes