What it does?
A brilliant exercise for toning and developing the hamstrings and glutes. Will also help improve strength around the hip.
What you need?
A swiss ball
How do you do it?
- Lie flat on your back with your arms down by your side and palms facing down.
- Place your calves on top of the ball
- Raise your bum and hips off the floor so that your body is in a straight line
- You should feel your hamstrings and glutes contracting
- Hold this position for 3-5 seconds
- Return to the starting position by lowering your hips
- Repeat 10 times
- Your upper back and shoulders should be touching the floor at all times
- Use your abdominals to stop your hips from sagging at the top of the movement
- As you get better at it, increase the difficulty by placing only your heels on the ball