What it does?
This is a great functional exercise that will help tone and develop your thigh and bum muscles. Take a large step forward to target the hamstrings and glutes. A smaller step will place more emphasis on the quads
What you need?
No equipment required
How do you do it?
- Start off standing upright, legs about shoulder width apart
- Take a large step forward with one leg, drop your hips, rising up on to the ball of the back foot and bending your front knee
- Lower yourself down so that the front thigh is parallel with the ground and the back knee almost touches the ground
- Pause briefly at the bottom then raise yourself back up to the start position by pushing off your front leg
- Alternate legs
- Repeat 10 times with each leg
- The movement should be slow and controlled
- Keep your head and torso straight and facing forward throughout the movement
- Don't let your front knee travel past your toes