What it does?
There are lots of variations to the simple lunge. Lunging will help tone and develop your hamstrings and thigh and bum muscles to achieve leaner legs. Holding dumbbells during the movement will increase the difficulty and results.
What you need?
How do you do it?
- Start off standing upright, holding the dumbbells down by your side
- Take a large step forward with one leg, drop your hips, rising up on to the ball of the back foot and bending your front knee
- Lower yourself down so that the front thigh is parallel with the ground and the back knee almost touches the ground
- Pause briefly at the bottom then raise yourself back up to the start position by pushing off your front leg
- Alternate legs
- Repeat 10-12 times with each leg
- Increase the weight of the dumbbells to increase the difficulty
- Keep your head and torso straight and facing forward throughout the movement
- Don't let your front knee travel past your toes