What it does?
This exercise will increase strength through your glutes, hamstrings and lower back muscles.
What you need?
Barbell or Olympic Bar
How do you do it?
- Hold the bar behind your neck so that is sits on your shoulders
- Stand tall with a slight bend in the knees
- With a firm grip on the bar, bend forward from the hips making sure your back remains flat
- Bend down to about 90 degrees if you can
- Return to the start position and repeat for desired number of repetitions
- Do 3 sets
- Practice the movement without a bar to start with
- If your back starts to bow, reduce the weight on the bar
- Avoid jerking movements (watch the video for the tempo you should adopt)