What it does?
This exercise will help develop and tone your triceps and is great for beginners
What you need?
Dumbbells and a flat bench
How do you do it?
- Position yourself next to a bench with your left hand and knee on the bench
- Hold a dumbbell in your right hand down by your side
- To start, bend your arm so that your elbow is pointing backwards
- Slowly extend your elbow back and up towards the ceiling not allowing your upper arm to move
- Pause briefly at the top and then return to the start position
- Repeat 10-15 times on each arm
- Keep your back parallel to the floor, don't hunch over
- If you need to swing the dumbbell back to lift it, it is too heavy
- Make sure the movement is slow and controlled to isolate the triceps