What it does?
A simple exercise that is brilliant at isolating the tricep muscles
What you need?
A bench, chair or raised surface
How do you do it?
- Sit upright against a bench, step or chair with your legs extended out in front of you
- Place your hands on the raised surface behind you about shoulder width apart
- Lift yourself up so that your bum is off the floor (you should be resting on your heels)
- From this position, lower yourself down so that your bum almost touches the floor
- Pause briefly at the bottom then lift yourself back up to the start position
- Repeat 10-15 times
- Keep your back and head straight as you 'dip'
- Bend your knees if you find it too difficult