Why have exercise bands become so popular recently? For years they were confined to the rehab room, but they have recently become popular in gyms and health clubs, and as part of many home gyms.
One reason for the popularity of exercise bands is their sheer versatility. Let's look at some of the variations in the use of exercise bands:
- They come in up to 8 different strengths, making them suitable for almost all users.
- They can be used alone, or in combination with other elements such as balance boards, fitness balls, etc.
- They offer a wide range of motion.
- You can create resistance from all directions.
- They can be used almost anywhere - in the clinic, the gym, at home, when traveling.
- They are effective for both upper and lower body workouts.
With the amount of good information available on the internet, it's easy to find a whole range of routines using these handy accessories. If you are currently only using them in limited ways, it's worth taking the time to expand your repertoire.