One of several ankle exercises using tubing, eversion is an excellent movement for building strength and conditioning in the joint.
Exercises such as eversion are an essential part of a physiotherapist's arsenal of rehab, allowing them to help a patient gradually regain strength and function of the ankle joint.
Perform this exercise as follows:
- Sit on the floor with both legs stretched out in front of you
- Your feet should be about shoulder's width apart
- Tie a loop in one end of a piece of tubing.
- Place the loop over your injured foot, with the tubing around the arch of that foot and wrapped around the outside of the uninjured foot
- Grasp the other end of the tubing in your hand to provide tension
- Turn your injured foot up and out against the tension
- Be sure to keep your uninjured foot still
- Pause at the end of the movement then return to the starting position.
- Do 3 sets of 10.