It's hard to imagine physiotherapy without Theraband. These stretchy pieces of latex provide essential resistance in a whole range of exercises including:
Therabands have been in use for over 25 years, and are now an essential part of the tool kit of every therapist and professional sports trainer - they are used for conditioning, rehab and strength building.
- Plantar flexion
Therabands are also now available in exercise kits that patients can use at home to continue their rehab programs or work on sports specific fitness. There are even kits designed for use in water therapy.
There is a wide range of products now available including:
- Latex Bands in 8 colour-coded levels of resistance.
- Natural Rubber Tubing available in 7 colour-coded levels of resistance.
- Latex-Free Bands available in 5 colour-coded levels of resistance.
- Handles for a more secure grip.
- Door Anchors for securing tubing to a door.
Because they provide resistance for both positive and negative forces on the muscles, they can help to improve strength, range of motion and cooperation of muscle groups.