Is your busy life giving you burn out? Burn out is the body's response to prolonged periods of stress and anxiety.
When you get stressed or anxious, your nervous system goes into 'fight or flight' mode, and triggers your adrenal glands to produce larger quantities of adrenaline. If this state is maintained for a long time, the adrenal glands stop being able to meet demand and start functioning ineffectively - leading to burn out.
Symptoms of burn out include:
- Not feeling rested after sleep
- Inability to deal with stress
- Loss of appetite
- Loss of sex drive
- Loss of memory
- Inability to concentrate
- Frequent illness
If this sounds like you, what can you do to combat the condition and prevent future occurrences? So tips for beating this debilitating condition are as follows:
- Take a warm bath before bedtime using lavender oils to promote restful sleep
- Give yourself permission to let go of the panic and fear that keeps you in a state of anxiety
- Practice relaxation techniques such as meditation and yoga
- Listen to your body. If you feel tired - rest. If you feel hungry - eat. You're body knows what it wants
- Siberian Ginseng is good for stress relieve, as is Licorice root, Pantothenic Acid and most B vitamins - taking supplements can help your body recover faster
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet that is rich in vitamins and minerals
- Aim for 7 to 8 hours of sleep a night - and cut back on caffeine and alcohol.
- And lastly - make sure in your off hours you make an effort to do things you enjoy - and that make you laugh, because laughter is the best medicine of all!